FICC Technology - Order Management Engineer
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm.
In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions. Work as part of a cross-product team within FICC Technology, partnering with the firm's franchises across Interest Rate Products, Credit, FX and Commodities to facilitate commercial business drivers, harmonize cross asset workflows and ensure compliance with MIFID II regulatory requirements.
With the support of your team, you will be developing the next generation solution for centralized data capture and workflow automation of orders across all FICC business units through our proprietary Order Book application. You will develop rich HTML 5 UIs for internal Traders and Salespeople, build robust web services, APIs and Java engines. You will have a platform to contribute your views and creative ideas to a team that handles the full principal orders lifecycle, automates internal trading and booking systems, engages in data modeling for regulatory reporting and leverages analytics to identify commercial opportunities. As a full stack engineer, you will interface directly with Sales and Trading desks to develop an understanding of different businesses and their needs in the search for synergistic opportunities. The successful candidate will own and develop process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation; engaging in the full software development lifecycle. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that are transforming the core of our key business and enable transactions to occur in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. The Technology team works directly with the Trading and Sales teams to develop next generation systems to achieve their business goals. It is a fast paced environment where individuals with strong development and interpersonal skills gain a unique insight into how financial markets work.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Great opportunity to learn from, analyze and influence across a range of businesses and asset classes, while collaborating with a talented group of individuals, both locally and globally
- Exposure to aspects of trading in credit, commodities, interest rates, FX, mortgages
- Connectivity with traders, salespeople, strategists in a dynamic environment
- Ownership, analysis and problem solving for regulatory and business drivers
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Expertise in Java development & Relational Databases
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Interest in fixed income products
- Experience in Fixed Income a bonus but not essential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top