FICC Technology - IRP - Vice President
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
We are looking for a dynamic and hands on leader who can drive Straight through processing of electronic trades in the repo business in Bengaluru IRP technology team. The candidate will be partnering with technologists, strategists, traders and salespeople in the Goldman Sachs FICC/IRP trading environment. Candidate will be interacting with global teams on a regular basis to understand business requirements, design and implement quality solutions. There should be a focus on building center of excellence in Bengaluru through subject matter expertise and greater ownership of functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The candidate is required to provide technical leadership in driving key projects on FICC trading environment as well as supporting the day-to-day business of the desk
• Provides mentorship over a team of more junior developers
• Proactively engages with stakeholders through the SDLC of the projects
• Works with global teams on projects that will have global impact
• Influences current and future architecture choices as we are looking to adopt more modern platforms
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Extremely strong technical and analytical skills
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Strong communication skills
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Interest in fixed income products
• Interest in fixed income products
• Knowledge of trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
• Experience in fixed income asset classes
• Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C++, Java)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top