FICC Technology - FICC Tech SMM eDealing Frontline - Analyst - New York
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’s
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
The FICC Systematic Market Making (SMM) business consolidates and expands the firm’s electronic market making and algorithmic trade execution. The FICC SMM Technology team partners with SMM Trading & SMM Engineering to develop and support the pricing and trading platforms for the firm and its clients.
The team is responsible for projects to build applications and system flows for trade booking, reconciliation and risk management. A major area of focus is system reliability engineering; including increasing automation, improving real-time monitoring, and developing metrics. Team members are also tasked with supporting the day-to-day operations of the trading desk and the electronic trading systems.
Along with these responsibilities, you will be interacting closely with Trading & Sales business users on a daily basis enables the team to develop strong working relationships with the desk.
- Operational risk management of a complex, fast-moving, multi-asset eDealing business
- Significant business interaction across FICC front office
- Interaction with technology infrastructure owners across the SMM technical landscape
- Incident and crisis management
- Development of production management toolset and business small enhancement
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency and cost savings in support process and physical environment
Basic Qualifications-Bachelor’s degree with 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong programming skills in one or more procedural/object oriented languages (C/C++, Java).
- Working knowledge of UNIX.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to quickly identify scope and impact of issues.
Preferred Qualifications-Working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Front Office support experience
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top