FICC Technology - FICC Tech SMM Developer - Warsaw
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
FICC SMM is a cross-asset Systematic Market-Making business covering FX, Commodities, Interest Rates, and Credit. We are growing our team focused on development for post-execution services for clients and desktop applications used by Trading and Sales internally to manage electronic trading flows across the SMM businesses. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in a specialized team of engineers working with a dynamic and exciting business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• On a daily basis, we work with SMM Trading, Sales, and Strats to improve our Electronic Trading platforms by defining and delivering software to provide clients with post execution services which help them manage their risk and transactions more efficiently
• Our in-house trading systems are comprised of thousands of processes running on hundreds of hosts located in data centers across the world. Our team is located in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Warsaw, London and New York.
• We work closely with SMM Trading, Sales, and other engineering teams on a daily basis to develop applications which enable them to manage risk and serve clients
• In this team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of electronic trading across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex derivatives in Commodities
• You will work with various technologies including Java, C++, Linux, SQL and Goldman Sachs' proprietary technologies: Slang and SecDb
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Ideally 3+ years of work experience
• Self-motivation to learn about new businesses
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with relational database and other data technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top