FICC - Systematic Market Making, Execution Services Engineering
WHAT WE DO
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Our team develops state-of-the-art trading algorithms for both internal and external clients. With strong backgrounds in areas such as mathematics, physics, computer science, and engineering, we leverage our technical expertise and experience with markets to engineer the best possible solutions. We have a global footprint, a strong culture of collaboration, and our team members are motivated, driven individuals with a keen desire to learn and realize their full potential
As a strategist who sits in the Securities Division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You may create cutting-edge models to provide insight into market behavior and develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients. You might be involved in analyzing market microstructure to improve an existing algorithm's performance, or involved in designing and developing complex computing architectures, or implement a new trading algorithm. Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In this role, you will contribute directly to the firm's ability to manage its risk and service its clients by identifying, researching, and implementing better approaches to automated trading. You will work in collaboration with a team of highly talented and experienced individuals, and have the opportunity to both learn from them as well as contribute to their growth.
- A degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, engineering, or quantitative finance
- Experience with software development and engineering
- Experience in electronic trading as a developer and/or a researcher
- Experience developing software in Java and Python
WHO WE ARE
- At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
- Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top