FICC - Systematic Market Making Core Engineering, Site Reliability Engineer
What We Do
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) at Goldman Sachs combines software and systems engineering to build run, and maintain high performant, distributed, fault tolerant trading systems. Site Reliability Engineers focus on ensuring our clients experience of the Goldman Sachs engineering platform is best in class.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be filling a mission-critical role ensuring that our systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will collaborate with engineering teams to continually improve our production services, facilitating fast delivery of new services, and reducing downtime. Site Reliability Engineers utilize automation, tools and solid engineering principles to optimize existing systems, build infrastructure and eliminate operational work.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proactive management of our production services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and release reviews
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident management in a blameless postmortem culture
- Identify and build improvements to system behavior, control and monitoring tools
- Lead projects that continue to improve the availability, stability and performance of the system (eg. Disaster recovery, stress/capacity and exchange testing)
- Assist with planning and execution of new software releases with development teams
- The Asia Pac team is global; requiring you work as part of the larger global team and collaboratively working with counterparts across the region on both local and global initiatives
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
- Experience in one or more of the following C++, Java, Python or Perl
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk
- Experience with developing applications in a Linux environment, with sound knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Development skills with experience in real time, highly concurrent environments
- Project management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation
- Experience with developing test cases and ensuring appropriate test coverage through unit and automated testing
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks
- Possess client-facing skills to be able to deal with and form good relationships with the business and other technology groups through day to day support and project work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 3 years technology experience in a commercial environment
- Prior SRE experience is highly regarded
- Interest in financial markets, technology and the ability to learn
- Passionate about solving operational problems and constant improvement via automation.
- Committed and reliable team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
- Ability to multi-task and be effective working in a fast paced environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top