FICC Derivative Automation Engineering - FICC Technology
- New York, NY
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
Bolt Web is the firm's next generation integrated platform for quoting, pricing and risk management of derivatives products in FICC. With over 500 unique daily users across the Securities division, your impact is unbounded. The fixed income market is pushing toward higher volumes and a more automated world. We are making automation core to our derivatives capital commitment businesses and furthering our goal of providing our clients with differentiated content and access to liquidity. In particular, we are incrementally automating our pricing, quoting and risk management by taking an API and service-driven approach in the Bolt Web framework. Through this initiative, which will be externalized as a core offering delivered through Marquee, our clients will have access to our derivative businesses in a more innovative and scalable way than ever before. This role is suited to developers who want to leverage best-in-class modern technologies to partner closely with the trading & sales desks and strategists to revolutionize and transform the way our derivatives businesses operate on a day-to-day basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build a unified world-class platform for auto-quoting in various FICC derivatives products.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
• Works with global teams on projects that will have global impact and influence business decisions
• Proactively engages with stakeholders through the SDLC of the projects
• Brings innovative thoughts and new ideas to the table
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of professional Java development experience
• Familiarity with automated testing, DevOps and Continuous Deployment
• Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra or MongoDB
• Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience in developing and debugging distributed systems.
• Experience working with trading and sales users and converting their requirements into action
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top