FICC - Commodities - Quantitative Sales Strategist
What We Do
The Commodities Sales Strat team focuses on marketing and structuring in a Quantitative approach. This requires leveraging a diverse skillset across Quantitative, Engineering, and Business disciplines, with the ultimate goal of delivering cutting edge client solutions. You will also structure transactions to meet client needs and work in a close globally connected team centric environment. You will work directly with clients in collaboration with your Sales colleagues. This broad mandate will require you to be an agile intrapreneur in solving complex problems both creatively and quickly at times.
You will be at the forefront of structuring and systematic trading within the Commodities business. Your work will directly impact the Securities Division and help shape the next generation platforms that determine how clients will interface with the firm in the future. You will directly be a part of firm's strategy to provide Digital solutions and opening up internal systems via API's for clients. Furthermore, you will also get to apply quantitative concepts to meet client needs and be nimble in solving complex problems in collaboration with Sales & Trading colleagues. This is a fast paced highly challenging environment that will push you to fulfill your fullest professional potential.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. As a Sales Strategist, you will play an integral role on the trading floor and via working with clients directly. You may create cutting-edge client solutions by leveraging the latest in data science and web based technologies, or structuring transactions to meet client needs. In this role you will to get to leverage your uniquely versatile skillet that spans quantitative, engineering, and business functional domains.
Who We Look For
- Strong academic background in a scientific discipline - Financial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Quantitative background including an understanding of probability and statistics
- Hands-on experience using modern data science toolkits in Python, such as Scikit-Learn, NLTK, Gensim, TensorFlow, etc.
- Strong programming background in compiled or object oriented language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Interest in learning about the underpinnings of capital markets
- Quick learner that can thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Experience and passion for working with clients directly
- Knowledge of financial markets / products (Commodities)
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Passion for developing a RESTful microservices architecture and delivering solutions directly to clients via web services.
- Knowledge of strategy backtesting and creation
- Working knowledge of derivatives, options, structured notes and exotic options
Who We Are
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top