FICC BoltWeb - Autoquoting Developer - Ficc Deriv Automation Tech
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
Bolt Web is the firm's next generation integrated platform for quoting, pricing and risk management of derivatives products in FICC. With over 500 unique daily users across the Securities division, your impact is unbounded.
The fixed income market is pushing toward higher volumes and a more automated world. We are making automation core to our derivatives capital commitment businesses and furthering our goal of providing our clients with differentiated content and access to liquidity. In particular, we are incrementally automating our pricing, quoting and risk management by taking an API and service-driven approach in the Bolt Web framework. Through this initiative, which will be externalised as a core offering delivered through Marquee, our clients will have access to our derivative businesses in a more innovative and scalable way than ever before.
This role is suited to developers who want to leverage best-in-class modern technologies to partner closely with the trading & sales desks and strategists to revolutionize and transform the way our derivatives businesses operate on a day-to-day basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build a unified world-class platform for auto-quoting in various FICC derivatives products.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally.
• Works with global teams on projects that will have global impact
• Proactively engages with stakeholders through the SDLC of the projects
• Brings innovative thoughts and new ideas to the table
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2+ years of professional Java development experience
• Familiarity with automated testing, DevOps and Continuous Deployment
• Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra or MongoDB
• Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience in debugging distributed systems.
• Experience working with trading and sales users and converting their requirements into action
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top