Executive Office, Pine Street Leadership Development Group, Vice President, New York
Our Executive Office is a group of diverse teams that shapes corporate strategy, culture, and brand. Whether communicating with employees, managing our brand, or articulating our strategy to investors and analysts, our work directly impacts how the firm is viewed by a variety of crucial stakeholders. You'll be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Pine Street Leadership Development Group prepares partners and managing directors to lead the firm's next generation of people and businesses, and to advance the firm's culture.
In pursuit of this mission, Pine Street aims to be a world-class leadership development organization that enhances the reputation of Goldman Sachs as an institution committed to leadership excellence, and develops leaders who help the firm capitalize on the most important commercial opportunities.
The Pine Street Leadership Development Initiative has been detailed in two Harvard Business School cases as well as The Handbook of Teaching Leadership by Nitin Nohria, Scott Snook and Rakesh Khurana (Sage Publications, 2011).
- Contribute to shaping the firm's overall leadership development strategy
- Design, develop, and deliver strategic, innovative, and practical leadership-based interventions and solutions that address client needs in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment (e.g., senior leadership off-sites, leadership development programs)
- Coach selected senior leaders on leadership transitions, leadership integration and leadership development
- Conduct executive leadership assessments and provide insights to the firm regarding talent
- Partner with peers, business partners, external partners and other stakeholders to ensure initiatives are aligned with business priorities
- Build relationships across the senior leadership community to serve as a point of contact and trusted advisor
- Master's Degree or PhD preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing top leaders in admired companies through assessment, development programs, coaching or compelling experiences
- Group facilitation and consultative skills
- Ability to coach senior leaders
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills and demonstrated client service focus
- Ability to function well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment that demands creativity, energy and excellence
- Strong commercial orientation and good understanding of the firm's business
- A strong growth mindset and consistent focus on self-improvement
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience, 5 years in the field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an executive coach within an organization or as an external coach
- Minimum of 1 year of experience conducting executive assessments
- Organizational psychology background desirable
- Ability to teach and speak on leadership topics
- A lead leadership development/talent role in a top-tier firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top