Executive Office, Office of Government Affairs, Vice President - Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
The Executive Office plays an integral role in setting and advancing Goldman Sachs' strategy and in supporting and enhancing the firm's distinctive culture. Our goal is to provide our people, clients, shareholders and the broader public with information about the breadth of our global efforts, highlight our focus on delivering sustainable, long-term returns for our shareholders and demonstrate our commitment to making an impact on the communities where we live and work and on society more broadly.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Office of Government Affairs
The Office of Government Affairs aims to advance the firm's public policy agenda, promote constructive relations with governments and regulators, and serve as a source of information inside the firm about government and public policy.
This position provides the appropriate candidate with a unique opportunity to work with colleagues throughout the firm on matters critical to the firm's relationships with key government officials, and to advance the firm's commercial strategy.
- Serve as the firm's regional government affairs director for theWest Coast region, actively engaging with community leaders, business groups and elected officials
- Oversee the development and execution of the firm's regional political engagement initiatives
- Work closely with firm's regional leadership and departments across the Executive Office to advance the firm's community engagement programs
- Ideally 7-10 years of fulltime work experience
- Experience in public policy advocacy, political campaigns, media relations, state/local government, etc.
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects, and proactively working towards deadlines
- Client focus and commercial orientation
- Team player with ability to successfully work across all divisions of the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top