Executive Office, Office of Corporate Engagement, Associate, London
The Executive Office plays an integral role in setting and advancing Goldman Sachs' strategy and in supporting and enhancing the firm's distinctive culture. Our goal is to provide our people, clients, shareholders and the broader public with information about the breadth of our global efforts, highlight our focus on delivering sustainable, long-term returns for our shareholders and demonstrate our commitment to making an impact on the communities where we live and work and on society more broadly.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This full-time Associate position will serve on the Office of Corporate Engagement International team in London, a part of the Executive Office of Goldman Sachs.
The Goldman Sachs Office of Corporate Engagement coordinates the global philanthropic efforts of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (Goldman Sachs), including strategic partnerships, charitable giving, and employee volunteerism.
Corporate Engagement is comprised of the GS Foundation, Goldman Sachs Gives, 10,000 Women, 10,000 Small Businesses, and Community TeamWorks (CTW).
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities across all OCE programs operating internationally:
- Manage OCE programs ensuring they are best in class
- Develop and execute new innovative and strategic initiatives for OCE as needed
- Manage grants and associated engagement with the Goldman Sachs Foundation
- Create and manage employee engagement opportunities
Thought Leadership and Events:
- Help develop and execute a comprehensive thought leadership strategy for OCE International
- Develop and execute high profile events for OCE programs
- Engage and manage core internal and external stakeholders as part of overall thought leadership and program management strategy
Communications and Outreach:
- Represent and help build the strategic platform for OCE internally and externally
- Work with Corporate Communications to ensure a robust communications plan for all OCE International activity both internally and externally
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven project management skills, with excellent organizational and analytical skills, and complete attention to detail
- Experience managing partnerships and relationships across multiple organizations and geographies
- Keen problem solver with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven tactical execution experience, including strategy development, operations and budget analysis
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion
- Highly effective written and verbal communicator
- Ability to quickly learn and apply grants management best practices
- Team player, and skilled at managing internal and external teams and junior staff on a given project
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours and travel when required
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as in team
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word for presentations and data analysis
- At least 5 years relevant work experience. Corporate engagement experience desired but not essential.
- BA Hons degree or equivalent at 2:1 or above
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top