Executive Office, Media Relations, Senior Analyst/Associate, New York
Our Executive Office is a group of diverse teams that shapes corporate strategy, culture, and brand. Whether communicating with employees, managing our brand, or articulating our strategy to investors and analysts, our work directly impacts how the firm is viewed by a variety of crucial stakeholders. You'll be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
The communications teams within the Executive Office support and enhance the firm's businesses, culture, brand and reputation. The media relations team manages the firm's relationships with the press and partners with businesses to create and implement media plans to address strategic business needs. In addition, the media relations team works closely with the internal communications and brand and content strategy teams. You'll be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The media relations senior analyst/ associate will work alongside Goldman Sachs press officers as they maintain a regular dialogue with journalists who write about the firm. The associate will also contribute to monitoring and analyzing media coverage of the firm.
- Support the media relations coverage responsibilities for a variety of business areas
- Monitor media coverage of the firm and distribute media clips to the global Corporate Communications team
- Support press officers by researching background information for inquiries from reporters
- Prepare weekly reports and summaries on Goldman Sachs media coverage
- Prepare briefing memos and presentations in advance of meetings with reporters or the firm's senior leaders
- Additional projects as they arise
- Proven track record in media relations, with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Robust attention to detail
- Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Willingness to perform a wide variety of tasks to meet client needs
- Must be able to take ideas from inception and carry them through delivery
- Ability to cultivate relationships across the firm's divisions and business lines
- Excellent multi-tasking, analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top