Executive Office, Media Relations, New York, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our Executive Office is a group of diverse teams that shapes corporate strategy, culture, and brand. Whether communicating with employees, managing our brand, or articulating our strategy to investors and analysts, our work directly impacts how the firm is viewed by a variety of crucial stakeholders. You'll be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
The communications team in the Executive Office supports and enhances the firm's businesses, culture, brand and reputation. To communicate the firm's business and cultural priorities, the Corporate Communications and Brand and Content Strategy teams partner to maintain an ongoing dialogue with stakeholders internally and externally about the firm's business and cultural priorities.
The Vice President will be a key member of the Corporate Communications team for the Americas working as a senior advisor to senior business leaders on strategic communications while interacting with external parties, primarily media, on behalf of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Driving strategy and execution of proactive media engagement programs for key business areas
- Provide strategic communications guidance to senior business leaders in specific business areas
- Working with colleagues across the firm on reputational issues and around important strategic projects
- Take a leadership role in efforts to develop messaging around communications priorities
- Find innovative ways and develop creative storylines to inform the public about the firm
- Proven track record in media relations, with at least 7-10 years of experience required, with financial services communications experience preferred
- Practiced crisis manager, strategic advisor and media trainer
- Experienced in employing social media in a corporate communications context
- An established network of trusted relationships among members of the media
- Ability to work in a team environment a must
- Enthusiastic – high energy and a "can do" approach
- An understanding and appreciation for the firm's culture
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top