Executive Office, Media Relations, New York, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our Executive Office is a group of diverse teams that shapes corporate strategy, culture, and brand. Whether communicating with employees, managing our brand, or articulating our strategy to investors and analysts, our work directly impacts how the firm is viewed by a variety of crucial stakeholders. You'll be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Communications teams in the Executive Office supports and enhances the firm's businesses, culture, brand and reputation. To communicate the firm's business and cultural priorities, the Corporate Communications and Brand and Content Strategy teams partner to maintain an ongoing dialogue with stakeholders internally and externally about the firm's business and cultural priorities.
The Media Relations associate will work alongside Goldman Sachs press officers to maintain a regular dialogue with journalists interested in the firm. The associate will also contribute to monitoring and analyzing media coverage of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Support press officers by researching information to respond to inquiries from reporters
- Assume media relations coverage responsibilities for certain business areas
- Monitor media coverage of the firm and distribute media clips to the global Corporate Communications team
- Prepare weekly reports and summaries on Goldman Sachs media coverage
- Prepare briefing memos and presentations in advance of meetings with reporters or the firm's senior leaders
- Additional projects as they arise
- Proven track record in media relations, with at least 3-5 years of experience required
- Experience in financial services related communications preferred
- Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Willingness to perform a wide variety of tasks to meet client needs
- Must be able to take ideas from inception and carry them through delivery
- Ability to cultivate relationships across the firm's divisions and business lines
- Excellent multi-tasking, analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment a must
- Enthusiastic – high energy and a "can do" approach
- An understanding and appreciation for the firm's culture
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top