Executive Office, Firmwide Strategy Group, New York, Analyst
The Executive Office plays an integral role in setting and advancing Goldman Sachs' strategy and in supporting and enhancing the firm's distinctive culture. Our goal is to provide our people, clients, shareholders and the broader public with information about the breadth of our global efforts, highlight our focus on delivering sustainable, long-term returns for our shareholders and demonstrate our commitment to making an impact on the communities where we live and work and on society more broadly.
The influential Firmwide Strategy Group reports to the firm's Chief Strategy Officer and works with the Executive Office and senior divisional and business unit management to set and execute key strategic priorities for the firm. T he group reports to the firm's Chief Strategy Officer, who is an ex-officio member of Management Committee. The group develops, evaluates, and executes plans for new businesses and growth initiatives and leads strategic transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions, and dispositions, on behalf of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Representative Projects / Transactions:
- Annual strategy review presentation to GS Board of Directors
- Helped develop GS Bank strategy and Marcus new business plan
- Sales of GSAM India, GSAM Australia, and NYSE specialist rights
- Acquisitions of GECC online retail deposit platform and Honest Dollar
Desired Experience / Skills:
- 1-3 years prior financial institutions investment banking experience
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry
- Ability to review and synthesize information and form independent judgments
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and technical abilities, including M&A modeling experience
- Ability to build relationships and consensus across divisions
- Drive and enthusiasm, including for training and mentoring junior team members
- Strong written and oral communication skills with confidence and ability to interact effectively with senior firm leaders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet competing deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team orientation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top