Executive Office - EMEA International Management - Associate - London
Application Opening Date: 27 April 2018
Application Closing Date: 25 May 2018
Our Executive Office is a group of diverse teams that shapes corporate strategy, culture, and brand. Whether communicating with employees, managing our brand, or articulating our strategy to investors and analysts, our work directly impacts how the firm is viewed by a variety of crucial stakeholders. You'll be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
The International Management team's primary function is to support Goldman Sachs CEO for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), working closely with the Chief of Staff for EMEA, who manages the Executive Office in the region. The team supports the regional CEO in a number of ways: executing strategic initiatives; providing analysis, presentation material and management reporting; developing and delivering their client engagement strategy The role requires close collaboration with other teams within the Executive Office (for example Media Relations, Internal Communications, Brand & Content Strategy, Government Affairs and the Office of Corporate Engagement) as well as with other revenue producing and Federation divisions across the firm's geographic footprint.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Producing written materials and talking points for senior leaders to present to internal and external audiences
- Project managing and supporting the execution of regional strategic initiatives
- Supporting the EMEA CEO in the development and execution of their client engagement strategy, including client targeting exercises, planning client trips and events, as well as producing associated briefing materials
- Providing regular updates on firm performance, key regional metrics and relevant news to inform senior leadership in the region
- Developing working relationships with counterparts in other divisions to ensure close coordination
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or equivalent required
- Prior investment banking industry experience required
- Experience of preparing materials and talking points required
- Experience of leading/delivering executive strategy required
- Must have experience of prioritising Executives' client commitments
- Experience of producing communications - messages/remarks/statements required
- Strong project management experience required
- Experience of providing relevant updates, compiling industry, market and organisation specific reports required
- Must have event management experience
- Experience of designing and preparing client portfolio materials required
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet multiple, competing deadlines required
- Proven analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Must be commercially minded with strong understanding of the financial sector and related current affairs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and describe complex issues in a precise manner
- Must be an effective team-player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top