Executive Office, Conflicts Resolution Group (CRG), New York, Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Conflicts Resolution Group (CRG) is involved in a wide range of the firm's businesses and transactions and provides exposure to the most senior business leaders and risk managers across the firm. A role in CRG offers an exceptional opportunity for professional development for a person interested in financial markets who has the capacity to appreciate the complexities of risk management in the space. CRG reviews business opportunities across the firm to ensure that reputational risk and potential and actual conflicts of interest are identified, assessed and managed so as to protect client relationships, safeguard confidential information, mitigate reputational risk and ensure that we are able to fulfill our responsibilities to our clients prior to accepting a role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Liaise with business teams across divisions (e.g., Investment Banking Division, Merchant Banking Division, Securities Division, Investment Management Division) to gather relevant details and initiate conflict checks for situations requiring clearance
- Diligence every transaction under review using internal databases, engaging in discussions with other Control Groups such as Legal, Business Intelligence Group, and Compliance to identify potential issues
- Work closely with global members of the CRG to collect relevant feedback outside of the U.S. and identify and resolve issues arising during the conflict check process while managing deal teams' expectations around outcome and turnaround time
- Participate in daily team meetings to discuss any potential conflict or reputational issues identified during the course of your review
- Monitor the status of live transactions and proactively flag any issues that may arise post completion of the conflict check process
- Maintain the CRG's proprietary database which documents and tracks all conflict checks and related comments, materials, status updates, etc., ensuring complete accuracy of information
- 1+ year of experience in Investment Banking, Risk Management or as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant
- Mergers & Acquisition and/or Financial Institution experience a strong plus
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact directly with a wide group of professionals at different levels of seniority across the firm
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Commercially savvy
- Ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree Required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top