Executive Office, Brand and Content Strategy Group, Social Media, New York, Vice President
Our Executive Office is a group of diverse teams that shapes corporate strategy, culture, and brand. Whether communicating with employees, managing our brand, or articulating our strategy to investors and analysts, our work directly impacts how the firm is viewed by a variety of crucial stakeholders. You'll be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Brand and Content Strategy Social Media Director will lead social media efforts within the Brand and Content Strategy group and social media activities across Goldman Sachs globally. This includes, but is not limited to, Goldman Sachs' presences on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Social Media Director will manage the creation and execution of social media campaigns. This person will craft and execute the firm's social media strategy to build brand awareness and help expand and strengthen our social presences. In addition to supporting the management of these communities, this person will also help manage firm relationships with social platforms and agencies. The Social Media Director will manage three in-house social media strategists and work with our agency to create and execute paid media campaigns to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
The Brand and Content Strategy group is responsible for managing the external facing brand of Goldman Sachs and creating content that explains our businesses, the work we do for clients, and sharing insights on key trends and themes shaping the global economy. We create content that is distributed via goldmansachs.com, social media, paid media campaigns and native advertising, among other platforms. Our team also manages the firm's presence on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and the GS.com website. We manage marketing for firm recruitment efforts (partnering with Human Capital Management), the philanthropic efforts of the Office of Corporate Engagement (e.g., 10,000 Women, 10,000 Small Businesses), conferences and speaker series, along with agency and outside vendor sourcing.
Corporate Social Media Management
- Manage the firm's social media presences working both within our group, internally and with agency partners
- Effectively reach our audiences at scale, and achieve meaningful engagement with them via our content
- Lead the conception, creation and execution of social media marketing campaigns and amplifications
- With our agencies, lead paid campaigns across all Goldman Sachs social media channels
- Liaison with key stakeholders across various regions to implement a consistent global, yet authentic and local, strategy
- Advise executives on best practices for launching and maintaining social media accounts
- Create, curate, and maintain content calendars, including writing posts for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other online content
- Support day-to-day social media efforts, including real-time social media requests from key internal stakeholders across the Executive Office and the firm as a whole
- Pitch real-time social media opportunities and work with key stakeholders to execute
- Ensure all content is fact-checked, proofread and has the necessary approvals
- Execute live video on social such as Facebook Live, Twitter Live, Instagram Live, LinkedIn Live, and YouTube Live
Listening & Reporting
- Utilize social listening tools, such as Crimson Hexagon, Nuvi, and Sprinklr to generate insights
- Partner with our team, agencies and vendors to help translate our social media data into actionable reports that lead to both content and media optimization
- Work with tech risk, compliance and various business stakeholders across the firm to execute a governance framework for social media
- Partner with other business divisions to evolve the firm's social media framework and strategy
- Liaise with compliance and senior stakeholders to monitor comments and help determine when to respond and escalate, if appropriate
- Enforce Social Media Guidelines with the goal of safeguarding social media properties from offensive or off-topic comments
- 7+ years of experience managing social media for brands or publishers
- Experience managing a team
- Strong writing skills with a passion for wit and clever brevity
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Very savvy user of essential social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, WeChat)
- Creative mind set, intellectually curious and interested in illuminating the firm's thinking in accessible, clever ways
- Passion for, and experience with, managing social media presences and an interest in the latest digital trends
- Strong editorial judgment, writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Proactive, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proficient in social media publishing tools (e.g. Spredfast, Sprinklr, etc.)
- Experience using social media listening tools a plus (e.g. Sprinklr, Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Sysomos, Nuvi)
- Experience in employee activation tools (e.g. LinkedIn Elevate, Dynamic Signal, etc.)
- Proficient in social media display tools (e.g. Spredfast Experiences, Sprinklr Display, etc.) and building out social media command centers.
- Background in working with and managing agencies and social media community managers
- Experience leading live video executions on social such as Facebook Live, Twitter Live, Instagram Live, LinkedIn Live, and YouTube Live
- Working understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic design services and/or experience in video production (Final Cut Pro) is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top