Event Driven - Sales & Trading Strats
What We Do
The Global Event-Driven strategies team, within equity strats, analyzes event-driven opportunities including spin-offs, mergers and recapitalizations. The team sits at the nexus between investment fund clients, traders, sales people and other strategists. There they employ data analytics, fundamental analysis, and market knowledge to develop strategies around corporate actions.
You will be involved in building company-specific frameworks, and helping the team in all aspects of day to day operations. You can be expected to contribute ideas and perspectives on situations, and communicate them to clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You will be working closely with team members to:
- Construct situation-specific models on potential / announced events
- Produce event-driven analytics (e.g. spin-off, LBO/merger frameworks) for external distribution to institutional clients
- Analyze merger and non-merger event announcements and provide feedback to clients, traders and salesforce
- Generate and distribute original ideas relating to announced and speculated events
- Work closely with cash and volatility traders to help manage risk
Who We Look For
The Global Event-Driven strategies team is looking for an experienced candidate to conduct analyses on corporate actions, and implement these strategies with external clients and internal trading/sales.
Experience in Research or Investment Banking is preferred with focus on fundamental single-stock analysis, financial statements analysis and good understanding of corporate actions.
- Modeling and financial statement analysis background
- Aptitude in client communication and investor marketing skills
- Familiarity with different product areas (equities, derivatives, bonds, etc.)
- Proven ability in developing client relationships
- Frequent client interactions
- Basic coding skills or an engineering background
- Basic quantitative and technical skills in time series data, statistics and probability
- Advanced degree is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top