Event Driven - Sales & Trading Strats
Global Event Driven Team Overview
The event-driven team specializes in analyzing and developing trading / investing ideas related to corporate actions such as mergers, spin-offs and recapitalizations. Team members sit on the equity trading floor, working closely with sales and trading desks and interacting extensively with top institutional and hedge fund clients of Goldman Sachs. Our analyses help clients and GS sales/trading franchise assess the impact of corporate actions on company valuations across a broad spectrum of industries
The Global Event Driven team is looking for an experienced Analyst or Associate to complete a team specializing in analyzing and trading event driven situations. The new hire will help the team identify and analyze complex corporate actions and come up with trading and investment strategies to monetize content and ideas around corporate events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Associate / Analyst will be working closely with team members to:
- Build detailed financial models to facilitate analysis of announced and potential corporate actions
- Review and interpret corporate filings and transaction related documents
- Produce event-driven frameworks for external distribution to institutional clients
- Generate and distribute original ideas relating to announced and speculated events
- Work closely with traders to facilitate client transactions and help manage the firm's risk.
- Contribute ideas and perspectives on situations and communicate them to clients.
Desired skills/characteristics include:
- Looking for experienced analysts/junior associates with well-developed financial modeling and financial statement analysis background (2+ years of IBD or GIR experience preferred).
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts to institutions, salesforce and equity traders.
- Strong interest in public markets and desire to work in a dynamic trading floor environment.
- Strong client communication and investor marketing skills
- Familiarity with different product areas (equities, derivatives, bonds, etc.)
- Desire and motivation to assist in developing client relationships and building a business
- Independent thinker with drive to deliver unique and differentiated ideas related to event-driven opportunities
- Ability and experience with organizing and analyzing event driven data are a big plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top