ETO and Vendor Management - AppBank Operations Specialist
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
AppBank Operations is a 24x7, two city model unified production management team supporting the business application of the firm using cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business, sharing best practices while providing a critical mass to help drive transformation. The team also adopts various tools developed by AppBank Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques, notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• * Work actively with team members to analyze and resolve application issues
• * Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of code debugging or log analysis
• * Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
• * Improve application stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
• * Adopt various tools developed by AppBank Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques and notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost.
• * Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with AppBank Engineering team in automating them
• * Challenge existing application setup, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability
• * Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
• * Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain fungibility/efficiency
• * Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage application health and support service performance
• * Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Master's degree (U.S. or equivalent) and Five (5) years of software development experience or Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) and Seven (7) years of software development experience
• * Computer Science concept of Data Structures in practical use cases
• * Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience observing patterns, analyzing root cause and suggesting ideas to resolve issues
• * One of the following RDBMS environments: Sybase ASE/IQ, Oracle or DB2
• * Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with App Dev teams and senior stakeholders
• * One of the following Structured or Object Oriented programming languages: Java, C, C++, VB, .NET, ASP or Angular etc.
• * Experience in the Financial Service Industry
• * Experience in Cluster Computing and Big Data solutions: Spark, Hadoop, HDSF, XRS using public cloud
• * Degree in Computer Science
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top