MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
The Equity Derivatives Automation Strats team is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the models and systems used for pricing and trading equity derivatives.
Starting with our equity options franchise, our broad mandate is to build the infrastructure and models which help the franchise effectively manage our positions and risk.
In addition, our team builds the tools that collect, curate and analyze trading and market data in order to improve the overall profitability of the equity derivatives franchise.
Your work will directly impact the Securities Division and help shape the next generation of equity derivatives trading platforms and strategies.
You will have ownership of models and data platforms to analyze trade execution rates, market share, P&L, and risk.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. As an Automation Strat, you will play an integral role on the trading floor and work directly with traders to create cutting-edge solutions by:
- Researching new models for pricing and risk management in our equity derivatives franchise
- Managing multiple data pipelines to increase our understanding of franchise profitability drivers
- Building new platforms that implement our models in robust and efficient code, often taking advantage of parallelization and distributed computation
- Reworking existing model infrastructure to improve speed, resiliency and data capture at all levels
- Working closely with the trading desk and infrastructure teams to eliminate waste and inefficiencies in our existing workflows
We are looking for engineers who are motivated to build out the next generation of trading solutions for the firm and want to work in a fast-paced production environment to keep up with the markets.
This role is for you if you are equally excited about creating pricing models as you are about writing flexible and resilient code to implement your algos.
- Academic background in a STEM discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Financial Engineering
- 2+yrs experience writing code in a structured language (C, C++, Java, etc.) for real-time processing applications
- Analytical background including an understanding of applied math, probability, or statistics
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.