Equities, TechOps, SRE - UAT Strats
What We Do
The Securities division's core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The SRE Strats team incorporates aspects of software engineering and applies it to trading operations problems. We push our own boundaries and challenge status quo in others. Our main goal is to create extremely scalable and resilient trading systems through best of class software change management. A reliable UAT environment set up with high availability is critical to meet this goal. The team builds and enhances such a stable UAT environment that is leveraged by clients and internal users for testing software for production use. We believe in raising the bar in the organization by leveraging state of the art tools and processes for maintaining UAT and improving the quality of testing.
As an SRE strategist who sits in the Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) organization within the Securities Division and focuses on UAT, you will play a pivotal role on the trading floor ensuring that the software development life cycle can be followed for all trading systems. You will be responsible for change management within the entire UAT environment, looking to constantly improve stability. You will build tools or leverage existing ones available in the market to reduce manual and mechanical work needed to maintain the environment. You will coordinate software upgrades to ensure consistency. You will drive integration tests for high profile client features and important regulatory events. You will build cross stack expertise, improving time to debug issues. You will build and maintain a network with relevant UAT teams external to GSET, leveraging them in complex testing scenarios. You will ensure that the UAT environment mirrors production more accurately. You will communicate across clients, trading personnel, and other technical teams as necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Maintain a high quality SLA with users for the UAT environment
- Automate daily checkouts by writing tests that run across the environment
- Coordinate the analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of issues
- Proactively build tools and tests to efficiently manage the day to day tasks
- Devise testing strategies for specific high profile events and execute them
- Understand US Equities and/or Options market rules and microstructure and interact directly with exchanges and vendors to address issues
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. We want technical people with strong communication skills and a passion for efficiency and automation, continually looking for ways to improve tasks. A strong interest in financial markets and the ability to use this knowledge to recommend and implement enhancements and improvements to our electronic trading product offering is a big plus.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role
- Hands on experience with Unix/Linux, Python/shell scripting and SQL
- Working knowledge of Java, C++ or any other object oriented programming language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle process
- Knowledge of network concepts, topologies, and technologies
- Experience with large-scale automated testing and releases
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to self- motivate, multi task and work independently
- Basic project and time management skills
- Domain knowledge of US Equities and/or Options trading
WHO WE ARE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top