Equities Technology - Trade Data Interface Engineer
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training program, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
In order to help you navigate the organization, you will be given a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable millions transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Goldman Sachs Equities business offers institutional and hedge fund clients ability to trade equity products anywhere in the world using our state-of-the art markets access technology. Business revenues come from commissions.
The Equities Tech Team is a front office team focused on developing and supporting technologies for a global equities business as well as developing tailored business technology solutions driven by desk requirements. The team is also responsible for communicating trading and booking information from Front Office Trading systems to the Back Office systems such as Compliance, Bookings, and Archiving.
The role is for a key developer position within the Equities Tech Team. The role requires strong analytical skills, communication skills, as well as excellent programming skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How will you fulfill your potential?
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the Equities business, products and markets traded. Technology is very close to the business, so the learning opportunities are immense. You will develop both technical and non-technical skills through a combination of challenging projects in a real-time distributed system, informal on the job mentoring and formal development in the form of the GS University career development programme.
As a key developer on the Equities Tech Team, you will be at the forefront of various technology builds. You may be working on a Compliance-driven initiative to increase amount of data reported to Compliance. You may be building an integration layer to a brand new Front Office or Back Office system. You will work in a team of highly capable, experienced developers which encourages open discussion and is focused on the delivery of robust, reliable software. This position provides the opportunity to progress to a leadership role. In this role the successful candidate will:
- Design, develop, test and document highly reliable new solutions, tools and workflows to support new business requirements, in a structured, disciplined but fast-moving environment.
- Form strong client relationships with traders, coverage desk, operations and other key partners
- Maintain the stability and integrity of the system while suggesting improvements and optimizations.
- Be a strong team player, highly motivated, keen to take on responsibility, able to work independently and successfully manage and maintain a high workload in a fast-paced environment
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 3 years' technology experience in a commercial environment
- Minimum of 3 years' object oriented design and programming skills in Java
- Experience with the following technologies is highly desired:
- Java Spring framework
- Gradle build management
- JIRA based agile SDLC
- Linux shell
- Messaging (e.g. Apache Kafka, Rabbit MQ etc.)
- FIX Protocol
- Databases, SQL (e.g. Sybase, Elastic Search etc.)
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk
- Automated testing and Test-Driven development skills will be a plus
- Project management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation
- Interests in financial markets knowledge and aptitude to learn
- Highly motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure without compromising development processes
- Strong, committed and reliable team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
- Possess client-facing skills to be able to deal with and form good relationships with the business and other technology groups, both from a support and day to day project work perspective.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top