Equities Technology - Equities Sales Analytics Full Stack Lead Engineer
WHAT WE DO IN ENGINEERING
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Equities Sales Tech Analytics team partner with the front-office Sales and business managers from the Equities business. Their role is to service our Securities Division clients who are the portfolio managers and decision makers of Long Only, Mutual and Hedge Funds. We build systems to connect the vast set of the firm resources to the client and require the ability to target the right resource, people and content to the right person at the client. These include CRM, event and conference planning and revenue capture tools. We then gather and combine multiple datasets visually in a set of applications in order to analyze and prioritize client engagement and resource consumption based on the value of the client to the franchise.
As a Lead software engineer for Equities Sales Analytics, you will be responsible for leading initiatives to build real-time and historical Sales and Sales trading workflow and analytical systems to provide market intelligence. The role will help expand our existing platforms as well as building our next generation Sales intelligence systems.
We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial solutions innovatively and developing highly effective teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Able to take the lead and drive projects and business deliverables
- Identify, analyze and solve complex problems with systems/software
- Write easily maintainable, well-documented code, with complete test coverage
- Hunger to research, conceive and develop with new technologies and their application to upcoming projects
- Engage and Collaborate with other technology teams in providing integration solutions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our businesses
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5-10+ years of technology experience in a commercial environment
- Team-oriented with strong communication and collaborative skills
- An analytical approach to problem-solving
- A background in Front Office Equities or relevant industry experience
- Work experience in a global team
- Development experience with Restful APIs, Databases, Data Analytics and Visualization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top