Equities Tech - One Delta - Vice President
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at
The One Delta Engineer role is a hands-on position responsible for designing and implementing applications to support the Equities One Delta businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a substantial new project, using best of breed modern technologies to enable a dynamic, growing business.
At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses, spanning technical, business and leadership areas, that you will be able to leverage as your career progresses. A 'Culture of Learning' is actively encouraged, as is staying abreast of developments in the broader technology industry.
In order to help you navigate the organisation, you will be given a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Securities Technology team is responsible for the development, support and maintenance of a broad range of software product covering Equities, Derivatives and Futures trading businesses. Our team primarily focusses on the development of Order Management, trading, market and client information tools for our business units.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be working with a team of highly capable, experienced engineers, in an open and meritocratic environment. Healthy discussions and consensus-building are encouraged and appreciated.
• You will gain technical expertise and business knowledge, and will apply them to deliver real-world solutions for the business.
• You will have the opportunity to shape the architecture, design and implementation of the strategic Sales-trading desktop platform at the Firm.
• You will assist and mentor junior developers to uplift their Development skills and guide them in best practices.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent proven development skills and experience in server side or user interface development using C++, C#, Java, or Web (3+ years' experience).
• Solid object oriented design and programming skills.
• Strong analytical skills and motivation to develop a deep understanding of the equities business, its revenue channels, and work-flows.
• Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to timelines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to work well with both technology groups and trading desks.
• Experience of automated testing and build processes.
• Experience in user interface design and development.
• Financial services knowledge would be advantageous but is not essential. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top