Equities Tech - Associate
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Equities Sales Services Technology builds and runs technology for Sales desks globally, across the full range of products in the Securities Division
- We provide applications, servicing, and data to support a Salesperson's pre-trade, trade, and post-trade workflow, including client management, opportunity management, revenue reporting, content distribution, trade marketing, and event management
- Across Sales Services Technology, we are creating a technology ecosystem intentionally built to solve the business problems for Sales
- At the core of our platform is a modern web stack built on RESTful services, big data technologies, and dynamic compute
- Our ecosystem blends a variety of proprietary, commercial, and open-source technologies to solve core business problems, such as opportunity analysis and data visualization
- Applications in our ecosystem enable people in the Securities Division to analyze, visualize, and contribute proprietary information
- With our new self-service Business Intelligence platform, we are empowering business professionals to build and distribute their own apps within this same ecosystem
- Build Sales solutions in our ecosystem
- Partner with people across the Securities Division to devise the best solutions for valuable business opportunities
- Work on data, services, clients, and UX (this is where raw materials from our platform and data tier are synthesized into products that change our business)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent education/experience)
- Strong object-oriented application-development skills, ideally with experience in Java
- Candidates should have at least two years of practical experience in a role that involved both architecture/design and hands-on development, including writing of technical specifications
- Strong back-end Database and SQL experience
- Hands-on experience in UNIX, Database, and Scripting languages like Shell, Perl or Python
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, and can carry out project management tasks
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top