Equities, Structured Notes Strats, Analyst/Associate/VP
As a strategist who sits in the Securities Division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You may create cutting-edge derivative pricing models and empirical models to provide insight into market behavior, or develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients. You might be involved in analyzing exposures and structuring transactions to meet client needs, or involved in designing and developing complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms. Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems.
THE SECURITIES DIVISION
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Goldman Sachs' strats are world leaders in solving complex business problems using mathematical and engineering skills. Our team is specifically focused on building an electronic multi-dealer platform called SIMON which is quickly evolving in to the market standard for structuring, distributing, and trading structured notes. This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a highly motivated and productive group of quant engineers who are constantly looking to innovate and provide best-in-class solutions to clients. You will build quantitative routines/tools for clients to price and analyze exotic structured notes directly through SIMON, and innovate new payouts that best meet client needs. You will collaborate on a daily basis with sales and trading for your projects. You will also interface with highly talented software engineers who will make your quantitative solutions available to external clients via an electronic platform.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build state-of-the-art pricing models for valuing structured notes and other related exotic instruments, including stochastic vol/credit/rate models
- Build fast and robust pricing tools for automatically processing tens of thousands of client requests per day. Calibrate bid/offer marks for automated pricing with inputs from trading team
- Build routines for product analytics, including back testing, simulation, and efficient frontier analytics
- Structure new payouts to best meet client needs and market trends
- Explore expansion of SIMON solutions to other product classes such as fixed index annuities and variable annuities
- Collaborate with software engineers to make the automated pricing and analytics tools accessible to clients via an electronic platform.
Basic Qualifications•Undergraduate or graduate degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or other quantitative disciplines
- Solid foundation in derivative pricing and risk management.
- Experience with model dynamics, hedging strategies, and automated pricing & analytics. Solid programming experience in this space.
- 2-4 years of experience in quantitative engineering for derivatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications•Masters or PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or other quantitative disciplines
- Programming experience in functional languages like Scala, Haskell, or ML. Enjoys building quant libraries
- Excellent knowledge of derivative market flow characteristics. Experience in working with trading and sales
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top