Equities - Sales Strategist - Quantitative Researcher
What We Do
Our team, Data as a Client Service, is charged with exploring the internal data within Securities Division and understanding how that data might be valuable to helping our clients solve their investment problems, potentially through better return prediction or better risk management. Our team is filled with people who love combining deep economic and finance knowledge with their excellent statistical and programming skills to gain true insights to the workings of capital markets. We are a collaborative, inquisitive, naturally skeptical group of ambitious people who are passionate about what we do.
As a quantitative strategist who sits in the Securities Division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Our team is particularly concerned with the creation of systematic trading strategies using new and innovative data to help explain the behavior of asset returns. We have access to some of the most sophisticated technology, most interesting data and provide a collaborative environment for conducting research. Within the Securities Division, we are ultimately focused on the real-world problems and how our work can benefit our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This role is designed for intellectually curious people who want to be a part of a team of experienced empirical quantitative analysts. You will have the opportunity to sharpen your economic intuition and marry it with your statistical knowledge and programing skills on unique datasets. Your role will include being involved in all aspects of the research and marketing process. From hands-on working with the data to designing the appropriate statistical tests to running the actual analysis to writing the reports and ultimately interacting with the sales teams on the trading floor, you will experience the full life-cycle of a quantitative research strategist. You will interact closely and collaboratively with seasoned financial professionals, in a fast-paced environment, where you're the strength of your ideas and your careful execution of the analysis are your keys to your success.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Strategists are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
- Two to four years working in an empirical field, conducting economic and statistical analysis on capital markets data (preferably equities).
- Demonstrate extensive programming skills and experience in a language such as Python or R.
- Proficient statistical skills and experience with the methods of economic empirical analysis. Must have hands-on experience conducting quantitative analysis on large datasets and problem solving the natural issues that arise in conducting analysis on such large datasets.
- Knowledge of economics and finance concepts.
- Proficient communication skills, particularly verbal skills and English language skills and the ability and desire to work collaboratively with others.
- Deep attention to details and a strong intellectual curiosity.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards.
- Demonstrated excellence in some area of your background, with a preference given to people who overcome adversity and have risen above challenges.
- Deep knowledge of empirical financial techniques, including machine learning, working with natural language programming techniques, Bayesian analysis, graduate level work in statistical inference and probability.
- Advanced knowledge of finance and a honed economic intuition. Knowledge of the empirical asset pricing literature is a strong plus. Accounting knowledge can be extremely helpful as well.
- Work experience (as opposed to classroom projects) working on large unstructured datasets with experience solving the multitude of issues in such datasets.
- Knowledge of the workings of capital markets.
WHO WE ARE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top