MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Equity Securitized Derivatives Engineering team works very closely with the Equity Derivatives business at Goldman Sachs and has a wide set of responsibilities across a variety of products to scale automation of quoting, pricing and booking.
Automation is at the core of our derivatives business, with clients pushing for more electronic flows, increased volumes on a daily basis, better data and analytics tools, while at the same time demanding high quality client experience throughout the entire execution. Our team focuses on building market leading engineering platforms with solid APIs, high throughput and service orientated architecture. Our function is critical to the future of the business at Goldman Sachs and represents a significant growth area across the firm.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team where you will both learn about and transform the business by applying your engineering skills to automate key business decisions.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop unified global securitized derivatives quoting, booking and lifecycle management platforms
- Build rich, distributed, high-throughput and performance-sensitive user applications in Java
- Use both open source and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms
- Work closely with sales and trading to deliver innovative solutions to automate their manual workflows
- Be part of the vibrant global automation team and use your engineering skills to impact business decisions
- Build processes to parse and analyze data to help Sales and Trading make more informed business decisions
- Gitlab CI/CD
- One click deployment
- Strong programming skills in an object orientated language such as Java or C#
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
- Good knowledge of design and architectural patterns
- Experience with concurrency and memory management.
- Entrepreneurial individual with self-management skills, able to handle multiple tasks and interact with global stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in designing and implementing distributed systems
- Experience in modelling complex workflows
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDb and Elastic Search.
- Previous technical role working on or with a derivatives trading desk (irrespective of asset class)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity