Equities Electronic Trading - SRE Frontline Operations
What We Do
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behavior. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tool and advanced algorithms.
The Infrastructure Strats team partners with other teams to monitor and maintain the firm's automated trading systems. This critical role includes analysis and support for real-time trading issues as well as proactive work towards automation.
As an Infrastructure strategist who sits in the Securities Division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You will support and deploy automated trading software. You will be involved in analyzing complex problems and issues and recommending both short-term and long-term solutions. You will communicate across clients, trading personnel, and other technical teams. You will have a passion for efficiency and automation and continually look for ways to improve daily tasks. You will have a strong interest in financial markets and use this knowledge, together with the insight you gain from managing the production environment, to recommend and implement enhancements and improvements to our electronic trading product offering.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be responsible for the successful deployment of certified code and new functionality into the production trading environment
- Coordinate the analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of system issues
- Facilitate communications between trading desks, strategists, and other support teams to manage unexpected or day-to-day issues
- Proactively create tools and tests to efficiently manage the day to day tasks
- Understand US Equities and/or Options market rules and microstructure and be able to interact directly with exchanges and vendors to address issues
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role
- Hands on experience with Unix/Linux, Scripting and SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to self- motivate, multi task and work independently
- Basic project and time management skills
- Knowledge of network concepts, topologies, and technologies
- Experience with large-scale automated testing and releases
- Domain knowledge of US Equities and/or Options trading
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top