Equities, Electronic Trading Platform Engineer
What We Do
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behavior. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
Trading Platform Strats are responsible for order management, exchange connectivity, smart order routing and internalization for listed options and equities. They are responsible for requirements gathering, research, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for strategies running on trading platforms. The team interfaces on a regular basis with sales, trading, technology, and other strats teams.
The team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for order management, exchange connectivity, smart order routing and internalization.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Understand North American market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings and implement changes to these on an on-going basis.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs' Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological solutions to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- 1 to 5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
- Thorough knowledge of C++ or Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Distributed server software experience
- Low latency or real time software development
- Good knowledge of Java
- API development
- Order/execution management system and exchange connectivity experience
- 3-10 years' experience in Financial industry
WHO WE ARE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top