Equities - Electronic Trading / DevOps Strats
What We Do
Securities division's core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The DevOps Tools and Automation development team partners with other teams to improve and enhance operability and tooling around firm's automated trading systems. We raise organizational bar to deliver world-class, enterprise-level systems and tools. We push our own boundaries and challenge status quo in others. This critical role includes analysis of trading plant's friction points and proactive delivery of simple, efficient and effective solutions.
As an Equity DevOps Strategist who sits in the Securities division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You will work with various internal teams to understand existing and new trading applications and processes employed to develop, test, deploy, support and troubleshoot them. You will translate unstructured inefficiencies and pain points into concrete business and technical requirements clearly stating tangible value for the organization. You will evaluate, become expert in and recommend new technologies in order to produce best solution to solve problems. You will develop, test, support and troubleshoot team's portfolio of products. You will acquire knowledge of financial markets and use it, together with the insight you gain from developing tools and automation, to recommend and implement enhancements and improvements to our electronic trading product offering.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
A successful candidate will:
- Analyze trading system inefficiencies and pain points
- Synthesize concrete business requirements demonstrating business value add
- Create simple, efficient, effective and scalable technical designs for proposed solutions
- Manage small-scale tool and automation projects
- Develop complex tools and automate workflows
- Code, script, integrate and test own work
- Ensure produced solutions address needs and deliver expected value
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in algorithmic trading, smart order routing, low-latency direct market access, big data, business intelligence/analytics, machine learning, SDLC and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role or demonstrate equivalent development expertise in software development (tools and automation)
- At least 2 years of software development experience in C++/Java programming language
- Hands on experience with Unix/Linux and Perl/Python or an equivalent scripting language
- Sound knowledge of an RDBMS like Sybase or Oracle and SQL expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to self- motivate, multi-task and work independently
- Basic project and time management skills
- Knowledge of network concepts, topologies, and technologies
- Experience with large-scale automated testing and releases
- Domain knowledge of US Equities and/or Options trading
WHO WE ARE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top