Equities Data Platform - Data Engineer - Execution Platform Engineering
Technology is at the heart of the multi-billion dollar Equities business. We develop high volume, low latency, scalable, and resilient systems to store, analyse and report billions of data points every day, using cutting edge open source, internal proprietary and industry standard technologies.
The Equities Data Platform team is responsible for building applications to store and analyse data across all Equities trading businesses. We work closely with our front office business and technology partners to define and develop the overall data storage architecture for the Equities Division. We use a wide range of data storage and analytics technologies including MemSQL, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Beam, Kafka and the Data Lake. As part of our team you will be involved in working on green field projects to build applications to store high-volume Orders, Executions, Position and Risk data into real-time analytics platforms, and into the Data Lake for historical storage. You will work on all parts of the project lifecycle including design and implementation, and will have the opportunity to work directly with our business partners.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Development using a number of cutting edge Big Data and real-time analytics technologies (MemSQL, Hadoop, Spark, Flink) in addition to traditional relational databases (DB2, Sybase IQ, Sybase ASE)
- Opportunity to research into new analytics/data storage technologies
- You will work closely with our business and technology partners
- You will gain an understanding of the various Equities trading businesses
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical thinking skills and be comfortable working with different technology platforms used within the team and develop software in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong technical skills
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
- SQL and Database skills, e.g. Sybase, DB2
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Solid analytical skills
- Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to timelines
- Strong team player and strong communicator
- Prior experience working with high volume, low latency data storage and analytics platforms
- In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- Experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, Spark) is preferred but not essential
- Experience of front office trading systems is preferred but not essential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top