EO, Environmental Markets, New York, Vice President
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Environmental Markets Group (EMG)
- Manages and supports the firm’s global environmental initiatives and commitments
oWorks with control teams, relevant committees and businesses on environmental and social (E&S) reputational risk management
oWorks with internal businesses on strategic opportunities and transactions relating to the environment and environmental stewardship
oManages Center for Environmental Markets, which partners with corporate clients, academic institutions and NGOs to explore and develop public policy options and tools that further market-based solutions to environmental issues
- Work with internal deal teams, control functions and relevant committees to help review transactions for E&S reputational risk. This includes analyzing potential E&S issues, conducting due diligence and helping identify mitigants, providing input to committee processes and tracking / reporting
- Monitor relevant E&S regulations / policies, industry practices and guidelines and stakeholder issues
- Manage relationships with key environmental stakeholder groups and gain insight on emerging trends, risks and opportunities
- Work with internal businesses in supporting and furthering environmental initiatives in areas such as green bonds, clean energy, environmental impact bonds.
- Stay abreast of emerging opportunities related to the environment and help generate new ideas for branding and thought leadership opportunities
- With team members, manage Center for Environmental Markets partnerships; represent GS externally on environmental markets and further relationships with external stakeholders
- 6+ yrs of fulltime work experience (VP level)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Strong interest in the intersection of finance and environmental issues
- Excellent judgment and problem solver
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Client focused and commercial orientation
- Team player with ability to successfully work across all divisions of the firm
Please note that we will only respond to those resumes for which we have an interest. Goldman Sachs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top