EO, Brand and Content Strategy - Social Media Manager, New York, Analyst
The Brand and Content Strategy Social Media Manager will support firm-wide social media activities across Goldman Sachs globally. This person will be a core member of the social media team within the Brand and Content Strategy group.
The Social Media Manager will assist in executing the firm’s social media strategy to build brand awareness and help expand and strengthen our social presences. In addition to supporting the management of these communities, this person will also engage with representatives of social platforms and agencies. The Social Media Manager will help manage long-lead editorial calendars, monitor online conversations and participate in those conversations to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
This role sits at the intersection of digital, social, multimedia content, communications and marketing for the Goldman Sachs brand. The goal is to maintain and grow a robust online presence for Goldman Sachs as well as to integrate our messaging into the online community in a compelling and valuable way.
The Brand and Content Strategy group is responsible for managing the external facing brand of Goldman Sachs and creating content that explains our businesses, the work we do for clients, and sharing insights on key trends and themes shaping the global economy. We create content that is distributed across goldmansachs.com, social media, paid media campaigns and sponsored content hubs, among other platforms. Our team also manages the firm’s presence on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and the GS.com website. We manage marketing for firm recruitment efforts (partnering with Human Capital Management), the philanthropic efforts of the Office of Corporate Engagement (e.g., 10,000 Women, 10,000 Small Businesses), conferences and speaker series, along with agency and outside vendor sourcing.
Social Media Management
- Help manage the firm’s social media presences working both within our group, internally and with agency partners
- Focus on building communities for various brand audiences including thought leadership, recruiting and philanthropic initiatives
- Assist with the conception, creation and presentation of social media marketing campaigns
- Create, curate, and maintain content calendars, including writing Twitter posts, LinkedIn updates, and other online content
- Support day-to-day social media efforts, including real-time social media requests from key internal stakeholders across the Executive Office and the firm as a whole
- Fact-check, proofread and gain the needed approvals for real-time social media requests
Listening & Reporting
- Utilize social listening tools, such as Nuvi, Sysomos and Spredfast Intelligence to generate insights
- Partner with our team, agencies and vendors to help translate our social media data into actionable reports that lead to optimization
- Partner with compliance and senior stakeholders to monitor comments and help determine when to respond and escalate, if appropriate
- Enforce Social Media Guidelines with the goal of safeguarding social media properties from offensive or off-topic comments
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience managing social media for brands or publishers
- Undergraduate degree in liberal arts or communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields
- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Understanding of the essential social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Reddit, Snapchat, Instagram)
- Passion for and experience with managing social media presences and an interest in the latest digital trends
- Experience using social media marketing and listening tools a plus (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Spredfast, Hearsay Social, Radian6, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Nuvi)
- Proficient in social media analytics tools (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Spredfast, Hearsay Social, Radian6, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Nuvi, etc.)
- Familiarity with social video tools like Facebook Live, Snappy TV, Periscope and YouTube Live
- Working understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic design services and/or experience in video production (Final Cut Pro) is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong editorial judgment, writing skills and attention to detail
- Proactive, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top