EO, Brand and Content Strategy - Market Research & Analytics, New York, Associate/Vice President
The Brand and Content Strategy Group Market Research and Analytics Associate will manage our corporate brand research initiatives to deliver analysis that translates data into a clear narrative and actionable insights. These outputs inform key stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, about perceptions of the firm and are a key input into our external communications strategy. You will collect and manage data across a variety of quantitative and qualitative sources and lead the day-to-day relationships with our consultants to provide reporting intelligence that will yield insights that influence strategic Brand decisions.
The Brand and Content Strategy group is responsible for managing the external facing brand of Goldman Sachs and creating content that explains our businesses, the work we do for clients, and sharing insights on key trends and themes shaping the global economy. We create content that is distributed across goldmansachs.com, social media, paid media campaigns and sponsored content hubs, among other platforms. Our team also manages the firm’s presence on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and the GS.com website. We manage marketing for firm recruitment efforts (partnering with Human Capital Management), the philanthropic efforts of the Office of Corporate Engagement (e.g., 10,000 Women, 10,000 Small Businesses), conferences and speaker series, along with agency and outside vendor sourcing.
- Manage the effort to collect and analyze survey data and digital metrics working with agencies and consultants including but not limited to tracking surveys, focus groups, syndicated data and digital media metrics stemming from paid, owned and earned media activity.
- Work with consultants to determine and refine core KPIs that help measure Brand health and benchmark our progress toward Brand goals.
- Provide insights based on analysis of ongoing paid/owned/earned media activities to evaluate and inform the strategy, investment, messaging and optimization of branded communications.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations illuminating key insights for senior management.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to gauge performance for the purpose of quick updates to management.
Experience / Skills / Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of analytical work with specific experience in brand tracking and communications research
- Masters or BA/BS degree with a quantitative focus or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with a variety of research disciplines (especially surveys) including brand reputation metrics, digital media and web analytics.
- Strong analytical, mathematic, statistical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Solid communications and writing skills including the ability to take complex or ambiguous topics and create compelling narratives for senior management.
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Strong project manager with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive, team player with intellectual curiosity.
- Good judgement and ability to know when to escalate issues.
- Attention to detail – proven experience of delivering high levels of accuracy.
- MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Domo are a plus.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top