EO, Brand and Content Strategy - Digital Analytics, New York, Associate
The Digital Analytics Associate for the Brand and Content Strategy Group will help manage the measurement and analysis of the group’s efforts with a focus on executing and coordinating the analysis that translates data into actionable insights. These insights inform the firm’s brand strategy and content marketing for goldmansachs.com, social media platforms, paid media, and more. The Digital Analytics Associate will collect and manage data across multiple tools and sources, and will lead relationships with partners to analyze a wide range of digital metrics to provide insights that influence strategic marketing decisions.
The Brand and Content Strategy group is responsible for managing the external facing brand of Goldman Sachs and creating content that explains our businesses, the work we do for clients, and sharing insights on key trends and themes shaping the global economy. We create content that is distributed across goldmansachs.com, social media, paid media campaigns and sponsored content hubs, among other platforms. Our team also manages the firm’s presence on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+) and the GS.com and GSweb websites. We manage marketing for firm recruitment efforts (partnering with Human Capital Management), the philanthropic efforts of the Office of Corporate Engagement (e.g., 10,000 Women, 10,000 Small Businesses), conferences and speaker series, along with agency and outside vendor sourcing.
- Manage the effort to collect and analyze digital metrics working with agencies and consultants, including goldmansachs.com website traffic and user behavior, search engine marketing, e-mail marketing (e.g., BRIEFINGS newsletter), podcast measurement, paid and organic social media activity, and paid media campaigns.
- Work with consultants and agency partners to determine and refine core KPIs that help measure our progress toward goals and further our team’s efforts, including devising new ways of measurement or scoring.
- Provide insights to the team and senior management based on analysis and in the context of ongoing paid/owned/earned media to help inform brand marketing and content strategies across digital platforms.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis requested by internal stakeholders.
- Provide social listening reports for our brand and the competitive landscape including context to understand the significance (or insignificance) of specific moments.
- Provide optimization suggestions by leveraging first-party and third-party social media analytics tools to define content and channel performance.
- Create and automate comprehensive dashboards and visualizations to help understand the quantitative results.
- Package results and findings into two types of reports:
a.Detailed, pertinent and actionable information and insights for those who actively manage the media and content campaigns
b.Streamlined macro insights and takeaways for senior executives
- Implement and measure A/B testing for digital platforms, not limited to e-mail, social, and web, to help drive digital strategy for content
Experience / Skills / Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of digital marketing and website analytics experience.
- Masters or BA/BS degree with a quantitative focus or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional analytic, mathematic, statistical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications and writing skills including the ability to formulate complex or ambiguous data into compelling narratives.
- Proven experience in the use of web analytics solutions (i.e. Adobe Analytics / SiteCatalyst / Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.) and strong knowledge of digital metrics.
- Experience with social media analytics and data visualization tools (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Spredfast, Hearsay Social, Radian6, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Nuvi, Tableau.)
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing analytics or other CRM analytics tools a plus (i.e. Exact Target/Salesforce, MailChimp,etc.)
- Experience with audience targeting and pixel-tracking (i.e. Dstillery) a plus
- Strong understanding of A/B testing methodologies for digital platforms.
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment and to learn new systems quickly.
- Proactive, team player with intellectual curiosity.
- Good judgement and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint; Project and Visio are a plus.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top