Engineering - Technology Management & Strategy - EMEA Technology Chief of Staff Team - London
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Project Execution - satisfaction in knowing the projects you are managing add value to the organization
- Organizational Awareness - Resourceful and knows how to cultivate relationships. Ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders and cross-functional teams, from new joiners to senior leaders, globally
- Planning and Prioritization - Demonstrates an ability to set objectives and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Is also comfortable identifying and generating opportunities to drive additional value for the organization
- Talent Management - Partner with Human Capital Management as central point of contact for technology staff related initiatives, including recruiting, training and other career development initiatives
- Critical and Analytical Thinking - Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and exercise a thoughtful approach to decision making
- Risk Management - Anticipates risks, understands the regulatory and compliance obligations for staff and coordinates manages contingency plans and procedures to prevent staff and business disruptions when incidents occur
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a financial services, and/or technology company
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong communications skills - listening, written, and verbal
- Strong MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
- Highly proactive person who demonstrates initiative and ownership and can work with little direction on complicated, sensitive assignments
- Strong presentation skills; able to put together commercial, creative presentations for management across a wide range of topics
- Fast learner, ability to navigate the organization to get up to speed quickly on key topics
- Strong stakeholder/ relationship management, particularly with senior individuals
- Experience working on a global team
- Broad knowledge of and interest in Financial Services, GS businesses and Technology
- Resourceful and proactive work approach
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience with organizational change
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top