Engineering - Securities - Equities SRE Strats - QA (Manual) - Analyst - Bengaluru
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Goldman Sachs' Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological solutions to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, Strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
Roles within Securities Strats
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behavior. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
Execution Strats are responsible for the efficient execution of equities orders in real-time, robust, highly available and highly scalable trading systems. They are responsible for understanding the business requirements, designing, implementing, testing and supporting the systems and strategies for the firm's Equities trading business. The functional domain spans order management, execution algorithms, smart order routing, crossing, controls and exchange connectivity systems. The team interfaces on a regular basis with sales, trading, technology and other Strats teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The team is looking for an experienced QA Tester who has hands on experience in writing and executing testcases and certifying software components. Responsibilities include:
- Understanding business requirements and coming up with new functional tests
- Executing regression test suits and new functional test suits and certifying components for regular release cycle
- Test status reporting to stackholders on regular intervals
- Bug tracking and following up with developers to get logical closure for bugs raised
- Maintaining and supporting QA environment
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering would be ideal
- 2 to 4 years industry experience in software quality assurance
- Strong hands-on experience writing/executing tests and bug tracking
- Experience in maintaining and supporting diverse software systems
- Broad knowledge of SDLC
- Basic programming / scripting knowledge
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Basic financial knowledge
- Basic problem solving skills
- Experience in basic project management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top