Engineering - Prime Services - Vice President - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- A wide variety of projects are active in the Prime Clearing Operations space and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions.
- The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the distributed Listed Derivatives Clearing System.
- The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and support.
- The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and Operations professionals to define behavior, services, and interfaces for the tools under development.
- The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions.
- On occasion, the candidate is expected to lead technical discussions with the global team members.
- 2-7 years IBM iSeries programming
- Expertise with the SunGard GMI software package required
- Experience with iSeries Java implementation a plus
- Experience providing high quality production support to a demanding user base
- Experience with requirement gathering from interactions with end-users
- Experience with full project life cycle
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate solid ability to multi-task (2-3 simultaneous projects)
- Must be a self-starter
- GMI software design and implementation experience essential
- iSeries SQL required
- Experience with MQ messaging highly desirable
- Familiarity with build/deployment tool - Turnover
- Experience with CDC Data Mirror replication a plus
- RPG IV design/development
- Java programming a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top