Engineering - Prime Services Technology - Prime Clearing Operations Technology
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
- A wide variety of projects are active in the Prime Clearing Operations space and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions.
- The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the distributed Listed Derivatives Clearing System.
- The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and support.
- The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and Operations professionals to define behavior, services, and interfaces for the tools under development.
- The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions.
- Strong analytical skills
- 2+ years of Core Java development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns). Similar expertise with equivalent object oriented languages also considered (e.g. C++/C#).
- 2+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
- 2+ years OO design/development
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Unix environment working experience
- Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
- Test Driven development
- Big data technology stack
- Financial market knowledge
- RESTful web services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top