Engineering - Prime Services Technology - Client Technology Solutions Specialist - Vice President - Hong Kong
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
This is an external-client technology services and management role that provides technology solutions to our clients globally across all business lines within Prime Services. As the engineering arm of the broader client services ecosystem responsibilities of the team include on-boarding new clients onto various Goldman Sachs platforms and partnering closely with Sales & Trading, CRMs, Operations, Strats and other technology teams to provide continual technical services to existing clients in an ever-changing market.
This is a role within the Engineering division with a bias towards our clients and our business. An essential part of the role is to leverage a deep understanding of the Goldman Sach's technical flows in order to assist clients to gain the most out of GS' technology on an ongoing basis and to provide technology solutions as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Prime Services group is within the Securities division and is a fast paced technology-driven business area, with a long track record of sustained growth within Goldman Sachs and the industry. Prime Services is comprised of business units that provide Prime Brokerage, Derivatives Clearing, Stock Loan and Risk/Margin Financing services.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The candidate will own, solve and support external client technical issues as they pertain to the Prime Services business units
- Bring a hands-on approach to systems integration, reporting and development tasks whilst leveraging various engineering teams.
- Manage all client technology related communications during operational incidents.
- Liaise between the Sales, Operations, Product Development and Engineers by successfully blending technical and business knowledge skills
- It is essential to seek out work and be pro-active in every aspect of this role. An eagerness to be familiar with Goldman Sachs' client base and seek out opportunities to better serve those clients is expected.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong team player yet simultaneously able to work on independent initiatives
- Experience with data management and scripting technologies such as SQL, Perl, UNIX and working with reference data including picking up new languages and bespoke scripting tools.
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to balance commercial goals with good risk management
- Highly motivated with the ability to maintain momentum on many different work-streams simultaneously under pressure.
- Experience within Financial Services Industry particularly within Prime Brokerage and Futures/OTC Clearing businesses.
- Experience of Java, Python, R.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top