Engineering - Platform - Test Engineering - Vice President - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Platform is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Platform solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering.
The Test Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the testing tools used across multiple development languages by over 8,000 engineers at Goldman Sachs. We need to balance uplift and ongoing improvement of the production environment and existing internal tooling. Given the complexity and breadth of the projects we have in progress, we need strong engineers to steer various technical initiatives, identify and resolve blockers, and collaborate across the Platform and wider Engineering organization where needed while remaining autonomous and accountable.
- Software developer on various technical projects related to testing tools and infrastructure
- Provide support to internal users for our entire tool set
- Engage with the Engineering organization to move forward adoption of new testing tools and decommission of older tools
- Maintain and report on status, proactively identify and raise risks to leadership
- Understand the problem space, build relationships with teams across the organization to identify the priorities and most effective path
- Work closely with the Engineering team to make sure that progress is as expected, understand and help resolve or escalate blockers, keep a focus on priorities
- Where needed, carry out analysis of underlying data or metrics to track progress
- Bachelor's degree qualification
- Ability to write clean code with a high respect for design integrity and maintainability and a strong focus on writing detailed test cases
- Organized and methodical
- Excellent verbal and written communication within a distributed working environment
- Team player, able to build effective relationships
- Proficiency in Java (Scala experience a bonus), functional programming code style being appreciated
- Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions to complex issues
- Previous hands on technical experience with open-source test frameworks preferred
- Culture of important dimensions of software architecture: failover, scalability, performance, transnationality, security
- Ability to synthesize problematics from various engineering fields to find comprehensive solutions and persuade experienced engineers
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top