Engineering - Platform - Runtime and Development Desktop Developer - Associate - Tokyo
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Desktop Development team is part of the Runtime and Development organization at Goldman Sachs. The team ' s main focus is defining and driving the product roadmap and development across all user access infrastructure components. This includes NDS, our Network Desktop Solution, a virtual offering leveraged firm wide that allows our people to access their workplace desktop from any computer, and Login GS, our at home solution, which allows the same level of access from personal computers. The group also develops and maintains all underlying front end and mid-tier components that service the above.
Software design, development and maintenance for products associated with the Windows runtime environment.
Automation of operational processes.
User interfaces for interaction with products.
Data analysis and reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop and maintain web applications, specifically RESTful services
- Architect highly available distributed systems
- Design simple user experience and generate supporting user documentation
- Write specifications and drive design meetings with various stakeholders for consensus
- Work with several teams and manage technical dependencies
- Support the application on a global scale
- Bachelor's Degree or similar experience, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics or Communication
- Experience in .NET Core and C#
- Experience with SDLC Concepts, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience working in complex and large-scale runtime environments, and integration of technical products into those environments
- Knowledge and experience of Linux & Windows Desktop and Servers
- Ability to innovate and strategize
- Strong planning and communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Project management skills and experience in handling large and medium scale Technology Infrastructure Projects
- Experience in release management of software into production environments
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top