Engineering, Platform, Java Developer, Associate - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication
• Overall 4 to 8 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years in developing Java-based web applications
• Core Java, Collections Framework, Concurrent Programming
• Experience with spring framework, multi-threading
• Testing frameworks including Junit
• Experience with building stream-processing systems, using Spark-Streaming
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
• Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience with Caching solutions like Hazelcast or other equivalent solutions
• Minimum 2 years of server-side Java development, experience with threading and synchronization
• Unix/Linux experience
• Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team,
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
• Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top