Engineering - Platform - Advance Scripting - Associate - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Enterprise Platforms is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, EP solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering.
• Strategic engagement with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
• Interface with application and development community to analyze and resolve escalations
• Provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to IT community and business Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
• Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to streamline and automate existing tasks, improving productivity and enhancing focus on strategic platforms
• Energetic and self-motivated
• Able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Strong analytical skills
• Able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions for the business
• Can manage multiple tasks and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to influence objectives
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Programming expertise in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, .NET, C++, Erlang (knowledge of Haskell, Lisp, Clojure, Scala or Prolog is a strong plus)
• Experience with storage and networking stacks
• Proven experience with all stages (inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance) in the lifecycle of large distributed systems
• Experience with managing performance, availability and scale for mid to large sized systems
• Experienced with software development on Windows and Linux
• Exceptional analytical skills with a strong desire to learn
• Works effectively and thrives in a global team organization while able to operate independently and self-motivate
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top