Engineering - PIPG Strats - SPACE Full Stack Developer - Analyst/Associate/VP - Warsaw
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The SPACE team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our retail client base. We design and build, front to back, our highly scalable web platform, SPACE -- a powerful, easy-to-use, collaborative tool that transforms and simplifies our retail client experience. SPACE supports the full trading lifecycle from idea generation and price discovery through primary and secondary trading and lifecycle management; making trading simple, transparent and more efficient and providing access to Goldman Sachs and third party content. SPACE is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to transform the industry.
As an engineer within SPACE, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of shaping our client's experience by creating new technology driven businesses to externalize our core analytics and data to both existing clients and entirely new markets - using leading open source technologies.
We are pursuing engineers across the stack who enjoy working in a client driven and agile environment; from those who are confident developing low latency, scalable and resilient solutions through individuals passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
EXPERT KNOWLEDGE IN ONE OF MORE OF
• Programming in a complied language such as Java, or C# or interpreted such as Python and experience with concurrency and memory management.
• NoSQL databases such as MongoDb and Elastic Search.
• Knowledge or interest in trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
• Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
• Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
• Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top