Engineering, Ops Eng - FCO Developer, Associate, Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities :
- The Brokerage, Clearing & Expense (BC&E) team develops/enhances a suite of tools used for post-execution controls, trade completeness checks, reporting, billing & invoicing.
- Products in scope include global listed and over-the-counter derivatives, Cash Equities traded by Hedge Funds, Institutional investors, and internal firm trading desks.
- This involves external connectivity to global clearing houses and exchanges, internal trade matching and invoice lifecycle management.
- The team works closely with our business and operations counterparts on product specifications and workflows.
- This gives team members the opportunity to learn about the wide variety of asset classes our clients trade in, as well as have a direct impact on business efficiency in a technology-intensive business where Goldman Sachs is the market leader.
- Client demands and high trading volumes require us to constantly look at new technology products available in the firm/market.
- As a result, BC&E is constantly expanding its platform to offer more products to the clients along with creating opportunities for the team members to gain exposure to the latest technologies.
- This will be a fantastic learning opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies applied at scale, get exposure to business and operations, innovate and make a real impact to the bottom line.
- We are looking for self-motivated people, driven to learn about technology and the business it supports, who voice their opinions, and drive the team forward through innovation and new ideas.
- A wide variety of projects are active in the BC&E space, with the latest being the Quant Trading and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions.
- Primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the Income & Expense business processes across various asset classes
- The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and support
- Successful candidate will work closely with peers in Technology and Operations professionals to define behavior, services, and interfaces for the applications/tools in pipeline
- The candidate is expected to work closely with users in other regions
- Simply put, but applying a wide range of skills and working with operations to digitize, optimize and ultimately automate their problem space.
- The Operations Division is the engine house of Goldman Sachs and the divisions success is epitomized by the automation and digitization eco system that has been evangelized and executed on through the Industrialization program.
- We use a data driven approach to identifying problems and suggesting solution and then delivering on them in an agile manner.
- Team members are expected to be technically strong and hands on , can build relationships with our stakeholders and can advocate a path to success.
- While we have a broad strategy around digitization we expect team members to be self-starting and comfortable with their decision making progress.
- The should be comfortable with all aspects of SDLC from design through to implementation and the creation of testable, robust offerings that intuitive to the end community
- There is a particular focus is performing data analytics, visualization of said data and provides recommendations for process improvement, organization restructure, adjacencies to take advantage of and talking points for the broader industrialization initiative. Powerful industry concepts such as LEAN, Six Sigma, Industrialization, Business Processing Modelling (BPM), Taxonomy governance and Big Data are employed to further execute the objectives of the program.
Basic Qualifications :
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with a team
Preferred Qualifications :
- Comfortable working in a global environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top