Engineering - Operations Engineering - Post Execution Synthetics Developer, Derivatives Middle Office - Analyst/Associate - Hong Kong
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Operations Engineering is a fast paced technology-driven area, that delivers processing scale and functionality to a diversified client base consisting of pension funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, corporate institutions, proprietary trading firms, quantitative trading firms, other broker dealers and central banks. We provide service to our revenue businesses to support the post-execution processing of trades across the franchise, the on-going management of our OTC derivative and securities holdings, management of the firm's liquidity and collateral, the fulfilment of our regulatory reporting and tax obligations, and the modelling of business processes to support front-to-back client experience. As part of this effort a new global team that was created to focus on post-execution services for Equity Synthetics and Derivatives trading - a key growth area for the firm. Clients trade globally with specific nuances in each of the markets in in Asia, EMEA and Americas. Given the growth of quant low touch funds, trading in such assets has increased and the key focus area is to make our processing more scalable, straight-through and exception-based. In order to facilitate this we are undertaking a portfolio of projects to upgrade key components of the architecture to state-of-the-art technology stacks.
This role offers the opportunity to contribute directly to the success and growth of our client franchise. It offers significant opportunities for long term career growth, building leadership skills, gaining exposure to a wide range of products and business flows and most importantly developing technical solutions in bleeding edge technologies.
This role is part of the newly formed team that will focus on post-execution system stack that would include the entire lifecycle of synthetic products including but not limited to trade booking, shaping, asset servicing and lifecycle management. The team will help build new application platforms, enhance, extend and support existing platforms with a view to increase operational scalability, efficiency and improve client experience.
The candidate will be part of a global team responsible for providing cutting-edge technological solutions to support our business and our clients. Effective problem-solving through communication and a highly-developed analytical and technical skillset will be essential to your success. A willing and enthusiastic attitude toward mastering the necessary technical skills, as well as toward forming a detailed understanding of the businesses you will work with, are key requirements of the role.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in requirement analysis and systems design
- Design, develop, test and document client and server-side system components in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment
- Develop systems using commercial and proprietary technologies
- Form strong client relationships with traders, salespeople, strats, operations, and other technology groups in an integrated business and technology environment
- Support the production environment, assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, and maintain the stability and integrity of systems
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in one or more of Java, Scala, Python, C++, C#
- Experience in relational or NoSql databases
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work well with local and global team members
- Self-motivated team player, moving the project forward against any obstacles along the way
- Experience in functional programming in a scripting language, e.g.: Python
- Experience with complex debugging and root-cause analysis
- Experience interacting with end users and eliciting requirements Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top